Friday, December 12, 2008

The New Look


Well, after much fuss, I have a new template in place.  It was a trial, I'll tell you.

I sat down at 5:30 and it's now 11:12.  The first template didn't work at all and worse yet must have been corrupt because when I tried to restore the old one, it failed.  After many restarts of the browser, clearing of caches and one reboot, I finally got the old one back up and had to recreate every single html widget, photo and link.  It sucked.

I finally found a template I like that seems to work.  I found it on Blogger Templates.  It's by Templates para novo blogger.  The only part I don't like is the Blogger nav bar won't show and my lurkers comment boxes are MIA as well.

Still, it certainly looks more interesting, has the three columns I wanted and I even managed to make it a bit wider so the You Tube clips fit better.  Whee.  Lookit me!  I know zero html.

So, I am now tired and will most likely be slogging my way to Denton tomorrow morning at the ass crack of dawn to pick up my eldest and her roomie for winter break. Time for some zzzzzs.




5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like it.

Anonymous said...

I like the new look. I will probably play with mine in a a few weeks. I get tired of look at the same thing after some time.

Aliceson said...

HTML code has been kicking my ass lately. Who thought that was an easy way to blog?

I love the 3 columns, someday I'll have the energy to change mine... maybe.

skyewriter said...

I love, love, love it. I am switching to 3 columns, too.

Have everything backed-up; I just need to find a template I like (and the guts to hit "republish" (eek).

Kudos!

Chris said...

Looks really good...I'm not gutsy enough to change anything yet!!!