Tuesday, April 21, 2009

RTT- hmmm. do I have to have a topic?

It's Tuesday and that means you need to go visit Keely at the Un Mom. Seriously. Go.

So, well and have you heard about the big change that's coming to YouTube? I have but I can't tell what they've done. If anything. Maybe they just haven't done it yet. I hope that whatever "it" turns out to be that the little guys still get to post their craptastic videos. Cause, I happen to think that YouTube, as cheesy as it often is, has made a difference. Speaking of YouTube, I suppose you've seen the video that everyone's talking about. The one with Susan Boyle. And if you haven't, I must ask you what rock you've been living under.

Another nifty YouTube jewel is one Sungha Jung. All I can say, is Oh. My. God. This kid is amazing. Don't believe me? Watch this:



See? He's fantastic. He's 12. AND HE'S FREAKING SELF-TAUGHT!!

I wonder sometimes about what makes a person a successful artist. I mean, clearly, this kid has talent. And just as clearly, if you read his YouTube or MySpace pages, he works hard. It's not enough to have talent. Skills like that don't come easily. It's like Stephen King says, "Talent is cheaper than table salt. What separates the talented individual from the successful one is a lot of hard work." This kid has what it takes. It will be fun to watch.

Puppy update- She's 22 pounds. She beginning to show indications that our days of picking up poo are growing fewer in number. Thank God. She knows her name and will stop whatever it is you're yelling at her for, most of the time. She also looks at Myrddin at times like she's not quite sure what he is. I can't blame her. This morning, he jumped in bed with us, stuck his head down by my leg as I scratched his back and stuck his butt up into the air. Actually, that's not quite right. He didn't just do the elevator butt, something I've only ever seen in cats, but tossed his butt into the air and did a flip. As in ass over tea kettle. Sometimes, he just makes me laugh.

Myrddin watches TV. Seriously. It's unnerving. He especially likes commercials. Sometimes, however, he gets a little too "into" the show. Mostly when there are other animals on the TV. We can't watch Animal Planet with him in the room. Last night, I tried to watch Marley and Me (which if you haven't seen, make sure you have lots of hankies ready for the last 15 minutes). I had to put him outside. He seems to think that the dog on the TV is just on the other side of the window. He goes and stands up and tries to look in. The other day, the Tums commercial with the Bear came on. Myrddin got all excited, barked, whined, ran up to the TV and whined some more at the bear. And then turned around and placed himself between us and the TV. I swear to you, the dog thought he was protecting us from the bear.

Argghh. I need to get back to work, which today is transcribing interviews by an engineer of another engineer. The fact that one of the engineers is my husband helps not at all. Just shoot me now.

5 comments:

Aliceson said...

How sweet of Myrddin to protect you, although I'm sure it gets old after a while.

tiarastantrums said...

I once saw an interview with John mayer where he said that he used to be grounded/locked in his room (crazy mom) for hours and weeks and months on end and he would just sit and play his guitar - all self taught - and look how amazing he is!

ZIRGAR said...

That kid's awesome! Damn!

Dogs are amazing beings. I love all of the little critters of the world, but dogs will always be at or near the top of the list. Sounds like you have your hands full with your little friends, but I bet you wouldn't have it any other way :-)

Anonymous said...

I just love your pet posts!

kyooty said...

wow that kid is talented, and I liked that he played while I read along :)