Tuesday, December 1, 2009

RTT - Hi there, I know it's been a while

So it's Tuesday and while I haven't been playing lately, others have. Go check out the Unmom for more randomness.


Father, bless me for I have sinned. It has been eleven days since my last real post. (Thanksgiving's post of "Alice's Restaurant" doesn't really count.) Give me a couple of Hail Bloggers to say and for my penance I will write a post a day for the month of December.

Ok, now that that's out of the way, let's play catch up. Eldest was in town for Thanksgiving. She brought the cat. Ugh. While superficially adorable, the little demon-child knocked over things, tried to eat the dog's food (mostly while they were trying to eat it) and nommed the pumpkin pie. He got dunked once in the sink for getting on the countertops (didn't stop him) and knocked across the kitchen for eating the dog food (ditto), so that's two lives he's down. On a positive note, the dogs found him endlessly amusing. Myrddin liked to grab him by the throat and drag him around the floor. Surprisingly enough, the cat did not seem to mind.

After the turkey, we spent Black Friday at the Texas Renaissance Festival. Much fun was had by all and too much money was spent. All is good. The drive home was the only downer. An accident on the only road out of the festival brought traffic to a standstill. We sat and waited for an hour and a half for the two lane farm-to-market road to be cleared.

Christmas this year is going to be in Omaha. Visiting the in-laws. Since we haven't been in more years that I can remember, this is a good thing. We're driving. And taking the dogs. All so Myrddin can see snow. (That and we're too cheap to board the puppies for a week.) For the occasion, Rowan has received a doggie coat. He has no undercoat and no fat to speak of and gets chilled when it drops into the 60s, so I figured that the possible freezing weather (and aforementioned snow) would necessitate extra insulation. He accepts the indignity with his usual aplomb. Meaning he didn't try to eat it when I put it on him but then, he hasn't had it on longer than it took to make sure it fits. And to model when we got home. Pictures are promised.

Looking to score some tickets to Fiddler on the Roof in January. Harvey Fierstein is playing Teyve. This, I must see. Seriously. I can't imagine Harvey singing. If Mulan is any indication, the man cannot carry a tune in a bucket.  Should be hilarious.

Speaking of things theatrical, we went a saw Men Who Stare at Goats. It's great. Ewan Macgregor and George Clooney, what's not to love?  And as an added bonus, the goats running about at the end of the movie reminded me of Aibhne. She's short and has a tendency to waddle/run really funny. Just like a goat. If she could bleat, she'd have a permanent Halloween costume. Pisses Youngest off no end when we compare her dog to a goat, so that's another bonus. What can I say? I'm evil. Though in my own defense, it was Eldest who came up with the comparison. I just ran with it.

Well, I should be working. So, I'll leave it here. Go visit the Unmom for more random jewels.

No comments: