Thursday, March 12, 2009

Blogger woes

Can anyone explain to me why, when I come home and log into my Mac and use the same browser I use at work on my Dell POS (Firefox) that Blogger gets all wonky?

My Following gadget, which I'm not so sure I like, will randomly loose the colors I've assigned to it and revert to the default. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. (And why the hell doesn't the Blogger spell check recognize the word "doesn't"?)

No matter what I do, I can't get my Navigation bar to remember that I'm logged in, meaning I can't see my editing tools from my blog.  I finally got my dashboard to stay in Blogger in Draft mode.  I orginally started this blog with a Yahoo address and I had to log in with that account to get the damn check box to stay checked.

None of this crap happens at work (except the Blogger in Draft issue, which is fixed).  And Blogger help is non-existent.  The Help Forum sucks.  There is no email for help. 

And please spare me the response that I need to get a Windows machine.  You can pry my Mac out my cold dead hands.  It will NOT happen.  I have to use the Windows POS at work.  I will not use it at home. I won't let my husband partition our Mac and put Windows on it.

Anybody have any ideas why this is happening?  Anybody?

4 comments:

BadTux said...

Firefox is broke on the Mac. I've whined to the Firefox guys, posted bug reports, etc., and they don't seem interested. So I use Safari now. Sigh.

- Badtux the MacPenguin

Stacy Hackenberg said...

Yes, but Safari is so freaking slow! I mean everything works on Safari for the blog but it takes 5 minutes for everything to load.

BadTux said...

???

Clicking About for me shows Version 3.2.1. What version of Safari are you using? Your blog loads fast for me.

- Badtux the MacPenguin

Stacy Hackenberg said...

That's what I have and the page itself loads okay but all the widgets and links seem to take quite a while to load.

5 minutes may have been an exaggeration. : - )

It's just by comparison, Firefox is really fast to load the page completely.