Saturday, June 5, 2010

Pride!

Today was Austin's Pride Festival. It was hot, (It is June in Texas, after all) but fun. There was a great crowd. I worked my church's booth (United Christian Church) and we passed out untold numbers of skittles with a card advertising our church. We also went a little more high tech this year and had an audio/visual set up playing some of the ads that UCC has aired over the years.

Here's my favorite:


Later in the afternoon I worked the Transgender Education Network of Texas' booth. I had a great time, meet some cool people and got incredibly hot.This year we were at the Long Center, which is a much better location than last year. I think the crowd was bigger. I know we were coming close to running out of our skittle packets when I left at 4PM. We had packets left over last year, so it's a definite improvement.

This was a great experience.

1 comment:

Aliceson said...

Sounds like an awesome day even if it was hot!