Saturday, June 26, 2010

NaBloPoMo failure and other changes

Well, I have failed to post everyday this month. Surprise. But I came close. I know that only counts in horseshoes and handgrenades, but I'll take it.

I have also changed the template up. I decided to try out Blogger's new template designer and I have to say, I like it. It's easy to use, has good variety and ends up with something that looks good. The only thing I wish I could do is change certain elements that Blogger controls. They've some new tidbits to add to the post but you cannot control the color or size and they clashed pretty heavily. Also, for some reason now when I edit or add an html widget it forces me to title it. Not good, Blogger. I will be complaining.

Other than that, it was relatively easy and didn't require me to save html or widgets, it just transferred them over. Which was very cool and made changing the template much, much easier.

On to other changes in our household. Youngest has been out on her own almost a month. I think Hubby and I have transitioned to the whole empty nest thing fairly well. Hubby is thrilled to be able to cook whatever he feels like since Youngest and her notoriously picky palette are someone else's problem. Also, he thinks her absence gives him license to run around in his underwear. Jury's still out on that one.

I've been doing the Slim Fast thing for almost a month now and lo and behold I am almost ten pounds lighter. (I have to lose another pound in three days to be exactly ten.) If I can keep this up I will be very close to where I want to be come our anniversary.

Speaking of which, we have two certificates for free week's stay at a selection of RCI resorts that came with our signing on with Wyndham. There are limits to where we can go. For instance, the only European destinations available for the free weeks are in Spain and Portugal. Anyone ever been to either? We haven't but we're leaning towards Portugal. All suggestions are welcome though I can't say we'll listen to any of them.

Let me know what you think about the new design.

2 comments:

Pseudo said...

I would go for either one that the resort looks the pretties, then rent a car and drive to places.

Thanks for the tips on the new templates. I have been meaning to get to them.

Aliceson said...

I fiddled around with the new template maker thing too but I found that some of my photos (I like to make them extra big on my blog) would creep into the sidebar and overlap in a not so nice way.

Congrats on the weight loss! A vacation sounds like a great motivational tool to get those pesky pounds off. Either Spain or Portugal sounds fab! I'm jealous for sure!