Tuesday, December 8, 2009

RTT- Tiger Woods, Adam Lambert and Sarah Palin

So it's Tuesday again and time for more adventures in Randomness. Go check out the Unmom for more.



So what do Tiger Woods, Adam Lambert and Sarah Palin have in common? They've both been in the news ad nasuem lately. For the record, I don't really care what Tiger Woods and Adam Lambert are doing, have done or may do in the future. Apparently, Tiger has fallen as only those we place on a pedestal can. Drugs, spousal abuse and sexcapades seem pretty par for the course for world-class athletes and celebrities. Why should Tiger be any different?

And as far the whole Adam Lambert risque/suggestive/homoerotic dance thing goes? I have to wonder if Britney Spears had done the same thing would it have made anyone blink. Get over yourselves people. If Britney and Madonna can play the tramp on stage, why not Adam? Can't say the still shot I saw was any worse than anything generally found on music videos or award shows for that matter. Just one more reason not to watch either.

As for Sarah Palin, this incessant media attention is all a plot. Secretly, lefties want to see her run for President in 2012. They think it makes Obama's reelection a done deal. I for one am tired of seeing, reading and hearing about the idiot from Wasilla. Plus, she, and by correlation all those she "represents", scare the bejeebus out of me.

I'd much rather be hearing some real news. Say, what's going on in Copenhagen. Or maybe Iran. Remember Iran? People are still protesting in Iran. The fat lady has not sung yet on that one. Or how about real substantive conversation about health care, climate change or new energy solutions?

Frankly, I don't know who to believe. I think climate change is happening. Sure, the planet goes through cycles but I think it's hard to deny that we're affecting that cycle in a negative way. What to do about it is something else entirely. Cap and Trade. Carbon Tax. Alternative Energy. "Clean" Coal. What's the answer? I don't know. Sure like to hear the full facts about all the options. Like who is really designing the plan for Cap and Trade. Is it really the same idiots that brought us the dot com bubble? Do we want to trust those geniuses? How sure are we that there's no way to pooch the kitty and manipulate cap and trade so badly that it ends up making things worse?

I don't know the answers and I don't feel like I can trust all the information that's out there. It's way too easy to manipulate data, falsify emails, and use scare tactics to cloud the issue.

Anyway, my point is that there's real shit going on in the world and it's a helluva lot more important than who Tiger Woods screwed and how risque Adam Lambert was on national TV. Sarah Palin is only news because of the terrifying prospect of her possible candidacy for the Presidency.

Real news with substantive analysis that strives be balanced not by showing all "sides" of the story with no comment but through thorough reporting and fact checking is what we need. It is sadly, something that seems to have been forgotten by all the major news outlets. Love em or hate em, the fourth estate plays an important role in our democracy. Only with knowledge can we make reasoned and reasonable judgments about who to elect and courses to take.

Hmm, this didn't turn out nearly so random as I thought.
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

2 comments:

The Crazy Coxes said...

I'm going to have to agree with you on the whole Adam.Tiger.Sarah thing. Don't care about any of them!

Don't care about global warming either. Hmmm...what do I care about?

Well, anyway, I'm with you in that I would like to hear some NEWS!

Happy Tuesday!

Rebecca said...

I completely agree - how about real news, without all the bias crap?!?!