Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Weird Wednesday

Slim pickings today, I'm afraid. While I can always find a plethora of stupid criminal stories, after a while they all start to sound the same. Though I did find a few with a new twist.

We start in Gwinett County, Georgia where a police recruit is in hot water. He was caught burglarizing an acquaintance's apartment. He claims the PlayStation he was caught with was his. He has resigned pending felony burglary charges. Oops.

A man in Kenya had his dog arrested. It ate his rent money. Police were not too interested in helping catch the criminal until the owner paid them 50 shillings. The district officer wasn't too happy to hear this and fired the officer for taking a bribe and returned the dog. The owner is still mad though. He's trying to sell the dog. And just so you know, 50 Kenyan shillings is worth about 64 cents.

This next one kind of makes me sad. A father in Albuquerque was arrested for child abuse after police caught him with his 5-year-old daughter in his lap. He was behind the wheel at the time and was teaching her how to drive. Now I know 5 is a bit young but I seem to remember doing something similar when I was younger. Much younger. It's an old time honored tradition to sit your young'un in your lap and have them "steer". Could be this guy got in trouble because he was speeding and apparently giving his kiddo a bit too much control of the car.

Next we have a momentof stupidity brought to you by a teacher in Maine. Paul Rosenblum "married" his fourth grade student in a playground ceremony. Seems that some folks found it a mite disturbing. If you can find a make-believe game of dress-up disturbing. Still, he should have known better. Something like this makes all the crazies that think any man who teaches elementary school is a closet pervert feel vindicated. Course they're nuts.

I leave you with a video from Air New Zealand. Somehow, I bet people watch this one a bit more closely than previously.




Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Umm... Are they actually wearing clothes or just paint?

Ole Blue The Heretic said...

I used to ride in my Dad's lap too but that was long ago.

I have heard of the New Zealand airlines Video for a while but it is the first time I have seen the vid.

I liked the ending.