Tuesday, May 12, 2009

RTT-Also known as I have no idea what to write

It's Tuesday. You all should know what that means by now. Grab the link to the Unmom, pull up a chair and watch the madness begin.


So I just finished watching this clip form Larry King live on Crooks and Liars. He had on Jesse Ventura. You know, the former Governor of Minnesota, former actor and former wrestler. Also former Navy SEAL. Mr. Ventura holds no punches and let everyone know what he thinks about Bush, Cheney and waterboarding. As someone who has actually experienced waterboarding as part of his SEAL training, Ventura speaks with some authority. Guess what he says it is?
Speaking of Minnesota, they still only have one senator. What is it with Coleman that he just can't give up? At this point to have to wonder who's telling him to keep fighting this losing cause. It certainly isn't anyone sane.

So Aliceson over at Feet off the Table has given me a nifty award in part because the person who gave it to her did so because of her dog, Oliver. She passed it on to me because of my 3 dogs. Seems she thinks I may have a few dog stories to tell. Well... I do but not right now cause I'm at work and need my photos to properly illustrate. So you'll have to wait. Sorry.

I have to show you what Youngest got me for Mother's Day.


Yes, that's a facehugger from Alien. It's on my computer at work. She was very excited to have found it and hopefully I wasn't too appalled taken aback by finding it on the picture frame outside my bedroom Sunday morning.

Eldest will be home Friday for a week. She has to move out of the dorm but can't move into her apartment for another week. She has a long list of things she has to do here and then she wants us all to help her move in/buy her stuff for her apartment. Joy!

Since I have to refrain from dog/puppy stories until later I suddenly find I can think of nothing else to add but dog stories. Typical. How about a cat story instead? Let me preface by saying I am not a cat person. My daughters had cats as pets when they were young and I really never want to have any more. One of them was slightly crazed. We had a cat door into the garage where we kept the litter box. When this cat was no more than a year old she did somthing amazingly clutzy-she broke her knee going through the cat door. It had a hard plastic flap and she would poke at it a couple of times before she got the nerve up to dash through. And she never just walked calmly though, she always had to hit it at a run. This time, her knee got caught between the flap and the edge of the door. It cost us $400 we didn't have to get a pin in the cat's knee. Ever after, she charged through the cat door (which was evenutally replaced with a soft flap) as if the hounds of hell were on her tail. Sometimes she's run across the entire length of the house trying to escape their evil (invisible) clutches. This was a cat who made cats look bad. She routinely fell off things.

The other cat, in contrast, was a typcial cat. In other words, she had a mean streak a mile long. (I TOLD you I don't like cats. No nasty-grams, please). She would sidle up to the dog and act all lovey-dovey and as soon as he looked at her, just looked, she would haul off and hit him. it got to the point where he would look pretty comical trying desperately not to make eye contact. He always failed. And she always hit him. She also loved to mark Oldest's backpacks. We went through at elast one a school year because she would nuke them. This indiscriminate marking is what eventually got her kicked outside to become an outdoor cat. After I had had enough one day, I picked her up and tossed her out the front door. She hit the ground running and would charge back into the house. It took me threes tries with the last one being the winner, because I flipped her when I tossed, to get the door closed. After she got over being mad at me for this unbecoming action, she adapted just fine to being outside and even enjoyed herself. Except when it rained. But I considered that pay back for all the things she ruined over the years.

Ugh. That's about all I have to say today. I need to get back to work.

4 comments:

Aliceson said...

I'm not much of a cat person either. We have one in the barn to keep the population down, if you know what I mean, but never again in the house. Can't wait to hear about the boys!

Heather said...

omg, laughed SO hard at your cat stories...especially picturing in my head a very wary dog trying desperately not to make eye contact with the evil cat. I think I would have screamed out of fright at that mother's day gift you got!

Keely said...

I love that Mother's Day gift. If it was a REAL one it would have added some extra excitement to the day.

I also dislike cats. I had one, at one point, and she was a vindictive thing. She got hit by a car, broke both her hips, and still managed to drag herself down the hall to shit in my roommates closet.

GreenJello said...

Cats are good for mouse control, but that's about it. I'm not fond of them otherwise, especially considering I'm allergic to cat hair. Ugh.