There's been a lot of news out there this week about Christine O'Donnell (R-Nuts) from Delaware. Her list of crazy is a mile long and seriously impressive. Sounds like the perfect person to run with Sarah Palin in 2012. Here's a short list:
- Masturbation is adultery
- Believes telling the truth is paramount, so much so that she would not have lied about hiding Jews from the Nazis.
- Called herself a college graduate for 16 years but hadn't gotten her diploma until she paid off outstanding debts to her college, which took them suing her for her to do
- Defaulted on her mortgage, sold her house to her boyfriend and then paid "rent"
- "Dabbled" in witchcraft but never joined a coven
In New York, of all places, the newly minted Republican candidate for Governor, Carl Paladino, has stated that he believes "no mosque should be built wherever the dust cloud from the WTC fell". When pressed by CNN's Rick Sanchez that the dust cloud made it all the way to Hoboken, Paladino hedged, saying he thought "it went out about a quarter of a mile." He also says he'd use eminent domain to seize the property of the proposed community center site to stop it's building if elected, or maybe just change the zoning ordinances, which would have the same effect.
But the winner for crazy this week goes to Hans Zeiger (R-Nutjob), candidate for state representative in Legislative District 25 in (drum roll, please) Washington State. He managed to garner 36% of the vote in a six way primary. The incumbent, Dawn Morrell (D), got 40%. Guess who she gets to go up against in November? But just what is it that Zeiger has done or said that wins him the title of Crazy Teabagger of the Week? Get ready, it's a doozy. Big H/T to HorsesAss.Org and The News Tribune for the following:
Zeriger, all of 25, writes for WorldNetDaily and Intellectual Conservative. In fact, lists it as a job. He's tried to scrub some of the more extremist posts from these sites, but hurrah for Google cache.
- Called the Girl Scouts USA national convention "a gathering of radical feminists, lesbians, and cookie peddlers… who are allied with the abortion industry and Planned Parenthood… The Girl Scouts is almost as much a part of the radical feminist movement as the National Organization for Women."
- Called the National Education Association and GSLEN "terrorist organizations".
- Believes that Unitarians, main-stream Baptists, Muslims, Jews, Buddhists, and members of the “Military Pagan Network” believe in and pray to "the generic God" and his God is real.
- Called his time in Washington public schools, time spent at the "local government indoctrination center"..."The corridors and classrooms of the modern public school are so polluted with the filth of moral relativism that the typical public high school graduate moves into the world devoid of character, conscience or courage".
Of all the crazy quoted above, he has only walked back on the local school statement and now claims he had a "wonderful experience" in Puyallup schools. The others he claims are from the fevered mind of an adolescent, since he was all of 18 or 19 when they were written.
And so my friends, we have our winner - Hans Zieger, Crazy of the Week. As we gear up to the November elections, this might just become a regular feature.