Tuesday, June 1, 2010

NaBloPoMo for June

I have been a bad blogger of late; posting irregularly at best. So I've signed up for NaBloPoMo this month. This month's theme is NOW.

I like this theme. It has possibilities. Plus, NaBloPoMo has daily writing prompts for when I have brain freeze.

My current now is all about the Youngest. She's moving out today. As I speak, Hubs is packing a moving van with her and her roommate's stuff. Youngest has recruited her friends and ever present posse to help with the move. I got to help her pack over the long weekend while Hubs was helping Eldest move from one apartment to another in Denton. (Remember when you used to move on an annual or bi-annual basis? Me? Not so much. I haven't moved in 16 years. Though if memory serves, it sucks.)

After work, I get to help with the unpacking. Rah. First I pack it, then I unpack it. At least I don't have to haul it around.

So, as of this evening, we will be alone in the house. (If one can call a house with 3 dogs empty, that is.) I have been awaiting this moment with nothing short of glee. I love my Youngest but I am more than ready for her to be on her own. I am just not up to the continual parade of friends, the late nights and the floordrobe. Though the dogs will miss the last bit. It's their second favorite place to sleep. (First is our waterbed). She's just down the road in Austin and I have no doubt we'll be seeing her fairly frequently.

I've had several people tell me that I'll miss her. Maybe. But those same people (ok, not the exact same but you know what I mean) told me I'd miss my kids when they started elementary school and they were wrong then. No weeping over my babies going off to school then and none now.

Besides, I have her dog. She'll be back.

No comments: