Saturday, December 11, 2010

Secret Santa Soiree


So this year, I get to blog about the gift I'm sending instead of the gift I receive, which is different. And kinda cool.

I got lucky and got a fellow Texan in the draw so this offered up all sorts of exciting possibilities. Since my giftee said she likes sweatshirts, I made this one for her on Zazzle, which by the way, is a really cool site that's easy to use and makes customized t-shirts and stuff.

She also said her favorite fast food was Chick-fil-a and Whataburger, so I opted to stay with the Texas theme and got her a gift card to Whataburger. My sister, who passed in 2001, lived in Georgia and whenever she came home to visit there were two restaurants that she always had to visit - Demeris Bar-b-que in Houston and Whataburger. So, the choice was extra easy.

About the sweatshirt - the phrase is an edited version of one my email signatures. The full version reads:
Texas-
The state that gave you Willie Nelson, Nolan Ryan and Walter Cronkite; Blue Bell, Shiner and Dr Pepper. Who wouldn't want to be from here?

Unfortunately, the entire thing wouldn't fit, so I had to edit. Thus, the extra comma. Makes it special, dontcha know. The art is my own personal logo designed for me by one of Youngest's friends. It's on the sidebar over there and it seemed the perfect opportunity to use it on something tangible.

This Secret Santa Soiree thingee is fun and challenging. I like trying to decide what to get someone and making it personal somehow. Merry Christmas to my Secret Santa recipient and all of you as well.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

I bet she loves it!

Sidhe said...

That is a most awesome gift!

Nance said...

Merry Christmas, TBT! Thanks for the Zazzle tip.

Coloradolady said...

I know several who would love this shirt....and thanks for the zazzle tip. I went on that site last night and what I wanted was on sale for one day only with free shipping....I was thrilled beyond belief and owe it all to you!!! Merry Christmas!

papertrails leaver said...

Well how is that sweatshirt you made for her! Very! I bet she will be over the moon with joy!

LV said...

Fellow Texan you did good. I have no doubt that gift is mine. All the things you chose fits my list perfectly. I love it and will be anxiously awaiting its arrival. I have a Whataburger that I could walk to and own half of it. That gift card will be put to go use. Thank you so much for your time and thoughtfulness put into this gift. I could use that sweatshirt today as it is very cool here.

Ahab said...

Very creative idea!

Rebecca said...

What an awesome thoughtful gift! I'm making my way to all the SSS participants to say Merry Christmas!

Anonymous said...

Nice! Love the sweatshirt. And Willie Nelson. And your blog. :D